View more Topics
View more Publications
文章列表 > 文章详情
REEI Energy System Transformation Workshop 2016
Background of the Workshop‘REEI Energy System Transformation Workshop 2016’ aims to provide a different angle of discussion on the issues that have been arising from China’s energy system transformation, namely the economics of energy system transformation in the Chinese power market reform context, which is inadequately discussed in the decision-making process. Also, through REEI’s previous research, we found that there are limitations in considering health and social impact when making both energy and environmental policy in China. We therefore aim to incorporate the costs and benefits of the health and social components more directly into the energy system transformation discussion. The following themes will be the main focus of the workshop:
- The cost of power market reform and how to achieve higher renewable energy penetration rate;
- Public health and social benefits of energy system transformation.
What Do We Want to Achieve?This workshop will perform as a preliminary policy discussion for the Chinese audience to think holistically for a cost-effective, healthy and just transition of the Chinese energy system. We expect to include an extensive audience to diversify our thinking and achieve the following objectives: Objectives:
- Discuss the economics of energy system transformation among experts and scholars;
- Envisage the roadmap for China’s energy system transformation by considering social and health benefits
- Discuss the opportunities and challenges for using impact assessment tools, including Health Impact Assessment, to support a just and effective energy system transformation.